INLAND TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL LTD.
Equipment Operator –Spokane, WA
Spokane International Airport (GEG)
Part-time Seasonal Positions
Built on a foundation of continuous and ongoing innovation, Inland Technologies International Ltd. is a full-service airport environmental compliance and ground support specialist. We offer a complete range of aircraft de-icing application services, spent aircraft de-icing fluid management and wastewater programs for large and small airports. We accomplish all of this by using a variety of technologies and efficient equipment systems.
We are committed to the delivery of superior customer service and we develop customized programs to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our technical staff is dedicated to finding the best solutions, using the best available technology.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to safely and efficiently perform glycol recovery services, while maintaining Inlands policy of superior service and satisfaction. The Equipment Operator will work at the Spokane International Airport and report to the Operations Supervisors and/or Site Operations Manager. The position is part-time seasonal with varying shifts. This is a prevailing wage job per Washington State Department of Labor and Industries.
- Abide by Inland’s procedural handbooks (SOP, Safety, etc.), operational plans, and directives of management to ensure that all work is done according to specifications and/or regulations;
- Ensure that Inland is in compliance with all Governmental Labor, Health and Safety laws, regulations and policies;
- Compliance with all environmental laws and permits;
- Professionally operate and maintain the company’s Glycol Recovery Vehicles/Mobile Recovery Vehicles (GRV/MCU) up to 33,000lbs and other associated Equipment within close proximity to aircraft, airfield personnel and equipment;
- Promptly and accurately complete all associated paperwork as required;
- Work cooperatively with all other staff involved in the completion of assigned duties while representing yourself in the best image for the company;
- Work cooperatively with airport authority and outside contractor(s);
- Perform daily vehicle walk-around inspections utilizing appropriate checklists;
- Perform and record light maintenance tasks on Vehicles and Equipment, and immediately report any repair requirements;
- Follow the Equipment Fuelling SOP to ensure operational readiness during your shift;
- Routinely inspect de-icing surfaces while on shift, and promptly collect spent aircraft de-icing fluid (ADF) well before the risk of fluid escape;
- Must be alert and aware of other apron traffic, and to only begin vacuuming when it can be done safely without interfering with aircraft movement;
- Mindful of any fluid segregation requirements as directed by the Site Supervisor;
- Empty the debris tank into Inland’s storage vessels well before the risk of overfill. The volume, location and concentration must always be recorded for every load. The debris tank must be emptied of solids on a regular basis, and fluids should never be stored in the debris tank overnight;
- Jet wash the de-icing surfaces as directed by the Site Supervisor;
- Escort non security badge holding personnel in accordance with airport written escorting procedures;
- Assist with Recovery and Processing operations and/or facility improvement;
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment while performing duties;
- Document and notify to the Site Supervisor any irregular operational issues observed;
- Properly operate and maintain testing equipment as required;
- Diligently execute any and all other job related duties assigned by Management.
As the ideal candidate you possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets Company insurance standards;
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) considered an asset;
- Must pass airport background security check;
- Basic knowledge of aircraft and how they perform;
- General mechanical competence and ability to effectively use hand tools;
- Flexible schedule;
- Legally entitled to work in the United States;
- Successful completion of all classroom and on-the-job training;
- Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively;
- Ability to interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Ability to safely operate a motorized vehicle in inclement weather;
- Ability to maintain a positive and good-natured attitude.
*Note: The hourly compensation for this position is $20.47.
If you are a self-starter with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and you take pride in your work, please forward your cover letter and resume before October 20, 2017 quoting posting number 17‑47.
Site Operations Manager
Inland Technologies International Ltd.
Mail: 1314 S. Grand Blvd. #2/322
Spokane, WA 99202
We conform to all laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job postings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
If you need assistance applying for this position please contact our Corporate Human Resources team by calling (902) 895-6346 ext. 324. You may also write to us and we will be happy to assist you with the application.
Human Resource Services
14 Queen Street
PO Box 253
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer