INLAND TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL Ltd.
Pittsburgh International Airport
This is an exciting time for our business and we invite qualified applicants to be a part of our growth story. Inland is innovative and we work every day to provide excellent service to our airline and airport customers while doing our part to contribute to environmental sustainability.
Built on a foundation of continuous and ongoing innovation, Inland Technologies is a full-service airport environmental compliance and ground support specialist. We offer a complete range of aircraft de-icing application services, spent aircraft de-icing fluid management and wastewater programs for large and small airports. We accomplish all of this by using a variety of technologies and efficient equipment systems.
As our company continues to change and grow we are seeking a qualified individual to contribute to our on-going success in the role of Operations Supervisor at our Pittsburgh International Airport facility.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the safe and cost effective use of the facility equipment and labor within control of this position. Ensure all staff are in compliance with Inland’s policy of superior service and satisfaction while maintaining compliance with all written company and Government rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abide by Inland’s procedural handbooks, operational plans, and directives of the supervisor to ensure that all work is done according to specifications and/or regulations, as well as provide feedback, updates and any changes required;
- Ensure compliance with all environmental laws and permits;
- Ensure that all production goals are met or exceeded, and all processing equipment is performing at optimum levels;
- Work co-operatively with all other staff involved in the completion of assigned duties and to maintain communications between other employees and shifts about current conditions of all machines either verbally or utilizing the pass down log book;
- Ensure that Inland is in compliance with all Governmental Labour Health and Safety laws, regulations and policies;
- Monitor ADF processor units, distillation plant operations, distribution system, the demineralisation (Polishing) units and other equipment ensuring optimum production and efficiency. When necessary coordinate repairs on these systems with the maintenance mechanic in a timely manner to minimize equipment and operational downtime;
- Ensure that and effective preventative maintenance plan is implemented and the maintenance mechanic and/or subcontractors maintain the ADF processor units, distillation plant, membrane equipment, distribution system, UF/RO, the demineralisation (Polishing) units and other facility equipment as per Inland’s maintenance manuals and to perform any and all maintenance functions as directed by management;
- Ensure that all shift and production reports are completed and distributed neatly, accurately and in a timely fashion. Reviewing all operators’ paperwork for completeness and all entries are correct, then filed or promptly delivered to respective personnel;
- Ensure that all required sampling and quality control testing is performed and accurately reported as specified in the SOP(s) using correct sampling protocol ensuring that the quality assurance is being maintained on all operational systems;
- Implement and oversee the site’s Health and Safety program. To ensure all company directives are adhered to and abide by and stay current with all safety and health principles. To ensure issue and make available safety equipment as required in the day-to-day operations of the facility, thus preserving the workplace in an orderly and hazard free site;
- Keep Inland Group and PIT owned equipment, tools, and materials in good working condition, including keeping the aforementioned clean and in their assigned storage areas when not in use. Reporting to management when repairs are required that may prompt reconciliation at the end of the year;
- Advance any suggestions and communications with other recycling operations, engineering,
- technical support staff and management that promote improvements and advances in efficiencies or equipment;
- Ensure that all required repairs are coordinated when needed so that they are completed in a timely fashion such as; replacing blowers, plumbing new lines, re-plumbing oil lines, installing valves, meters, sensors, thus utilizing Inland's purchasing program for the replacement of repair items or the purchase of new equipment;
- Ensure that all recycling and concentrating equipment are continually inspected and maintenance is planned proactively;
- Ensure that all truck transfer operations which include both loading and unloading of tankers, and transfers of fluids between tanks. Reviewing the bill of sales, tank levels and certificate of assurance(s) for the product being received or sold;
- Act in a courteous and professional manner with customers, potential customers, suppliers, vendors and all associates of Inland Group;
- Schedule and arrange all of the manpower to meet the needs of contract requirements, which includes emergency repairs to facility, controlling unnecessary overtime and vacation/sick day coverage;
- Assume overall responsibility for operations when manager is not at the facility and be familiar with all daily and monthly reporting forms;
- Maintain a current and minimum spare parts list/inventory that will prevent any of the operational systems from unnecessary long shutdowns due to lack of parts;
- Provide reports as required by the Site Operations Manager on a regular and timely basis.
- Accomplish any other task that may, from time to time, be assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership and management qualities;
- Cost control, budgeting and timely project delivery;
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task;
- Must have previous experience with developing and managing budgets, creating spreadsheets and writing concise and accurate reports;
- Previous distillation, wastewater, chemical processing and/or airport experience is an asset.
- College degree directly related to the position;
- Valid US Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening;
- Must be able to pass 10-year background check for airport security clearance;
- Provide most recent Drivers Abstract (clean driving record).
If your experience and ability meets with the above minimum requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume before August 18, 2017, quoting posting number 17-21.
Human Resources Department
Inland Technologies International Ltd.
We conform to all laws, statutes and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job postings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
If you need assistance applying for this position please contact our Corporate Human Resources team by calling 1-902-895-6346 ext. 324 or toll free 1-877-633-5263. You may also write to us and we will be happy to assist you with the application.
Human Resource Services
14 Queen Street
PO Box 253
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer