Inland Technologies Canada Inc.
Processing Equipment Operator (Full‑time Seasonal)
Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
Built on a foundation of continuous and ongoing innovation, Inland Technologies is a full-service airport environmental compliance and ground support specialist. We offer a complete range of aircraft de-icing application services, spent aircraft de-icing fluid management and wastewater programs for large and small airports. We accomplish all of this by using a variety of technologies and efficient equipment systems.
As our company continues to change and grow we are seeking a qualified individual to contribute to our on-going success in the role of Processing Equipment Operator. The successful candidate is responsible for the safe and efficient daily operation of the glycol concentrators and all other processing equipment while abiding Inlands policies and procedures.
The position will be located at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ) in Enfield, NS. This seasonal full-time position reports to the Site Operations Manager.
- Monitor glycol processing equipment units to assure optimum production and efficiency;
- Maintain glycol processing equipment as per Inland’s maintenance manuals and SOP’s in order to perform any and all maintenance functions as directed by management;
- Complete and distribute daily glycol processing equipment production reports neatly and accurately;
- Perform quality assurance sampling of all production processes at regular intervals during shifts, by using correct sampling protocol as established by Inland SOP’s and to ensure that all samples are in compliance with all written company and Government rules and regulations;
- Abide by Health and Safety principles by using issued and available safety equipment as required by SOP’s in the day-by-day operations of the facility;
- Maintain a clean, safe and hazard free workplace;
- Keep all Inland owned or managed equipment, tools and materials in good working condition; including keeping the aforementioned clean and in their assigned storage areas when not in use;
- Report to management any possible improvements to the manufacturing process;
- Complete necessary repairs when needed on a timely basis such as; replacing parts, blowers, plumbing new lines and re-plumbing old lines, installing valves, meters, sensors, etc.;
- Work cooperatively with all other staff involved in the completion of assigned duties and to maintain communications between other employees and shifts about current conditions of machines;
- Escort non security badge holding personnel in accordance with airport written escorting procedures;
- Ensure that the processing equipment and associated recycling equipment are continually inspected and maintained in proactive manner;
- Perform truck transfer operations which include both loading and unloading of tankers, and transfers of fluid between tanks;
- Perform product quality testing and ensure accurate reporting and accounting;
- Perform water quality testing and reporting in relation to SOP’s;
- Assist in glycol recovery operations when required;
- Diligently execute any and all other job related duties assigned by management.
As the ideal candidate you possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- General mechanical competence and ability to effectively use hand tools;
- Ability to read, write, speak and communicate effectively;
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Basic Math skills are required (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals);
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Ability to work well with others.
Note: The compensation for this position is an hourly wage of $13.00 based on three to four 12 hour shifts per week (approximately 96 hours bi-weekly).
If your experience and ability meets with the above minimum requirements, please forward your cover letter and resume before July 18, 2017, quoting posting number 17-04.
Inland Technologies Canada Inc.
Mail: 270 Goudey Drive – Halifax Stanfield International Airport
Drop off: 14 Queen Street
We look forward to meeting you!